Curtin Malaysia Graduate School Committee
Associate Professor Dr. Goi Chai Lee
Chair of Curtin Malaysia Graduate School and Deputy Dean of R&D
Professor Dr. Clem Kuek
Dean of R&D and Director of Curtin Malaysia Research Institute
Professor Dr. Beena Giridharan
Deputy Pro-Vice Chancellor
Associate Professor Dr. Ramasamy Nagarajan
Associate Dean of R&D, Faculty of Engineering & Science
Dr. Joseph Sia
Associate Dean of R&D, Faculty of Business
Dr. Anita Jimmie
Coordinator of R&D, Faculty of Humanities
Rakesh Roshan Gantayat
Elected HDR student representative
HDR Administration Officer, Office of R&D
Terms of Reference
Curtin Malaysia Graduate School deals with policies and procedure concerning the admission, progression and monitoring of Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) – MPhil and PhD – as well as co-ordinating and promoting such programmes of studies. A large part of its work is to do with the review, approval and monitoring of the progress of HDR students. Its work also includes determining scholarship rankings and extensions, when requested.
- To advise the Curtin Malaysia Academic Board on policy matters regarding HDR studies, including the coordination and promotion of HDR studies, at Curtin University Malaysia.
- For Masters by Research and Doctoral degrees, to consider and approve the following: – admission, advanced standing and enrolment; – extension of time to submit candidacy; – candidacy; – leave of absence; – the composition of thesis committees; – titles; – the composition of examining panels; – approval of nomination of examiners.
- To work in cooperation with Faculties and Centres in the review of annual progress reports and make recommendations on ‘conditional’ status. To recommend terminations to University Graduate Studies Committee.
- To consider, endorse and recommend to University Graduate Studies Committee thesis examination reports.
- To consider such other matters that are consistent with the development of graduate research programmes including scholarship ranking and scholarship extensions.